|Menu||Sencha (green tea) set
Kaki-gōri (shaved ice with syrup)
This building was moved to its present location from Eigen-ji, the headquarters of the Rinzai sect's Eigen-ji school in Shiga prefecture.
Gankū-in (Emptiness Hall) was built in 1377 (when Ichi Keijun was the head of Eigen-ji Temple) as a memorial for the first head priest of Eigen-ji, Shōtō Kokushi (Zen master Jakushitsu Genkō),and called Kōhan-an.
When in August 1414 Shōgun Ashikaga Yoshimochi came to Eigen-ji, he changed the name to Gankū-in and donated the plaque to the third abbot, Zen master Matsumine.
In 1563 the building was burned down by soldiers and in 1647 the eighty-first abbot, Zen master Nyosetsu Mongan, reconstructed it as the living quarters for the abbot and a study place for the monks.
91,Kamisanna, Numakuma-chō, Fukuyama-shi, Hiroshima-ken 720-0401 JapanFree shuttle bus(only on weekdays)：
Leave Fukuyama Station at the north exit, enter the Showa onsen shuttle bus and get off at 「Shinshōji」
> bus stop
Tomotetsu bus (direct bus, only weekend and holidays)
Fukuyama station, bus terminal, bus stop #6, enter a bus heading for 「Chitosebashi」,「Abuto」,「Tsuneishi」or「Utsuminyōkyō」and get off at 「Shinshōji」
Tomotetsu bus (regular bus)
Fukuyama station, bus terminal, bus stop #6, enter a bus heading for 「Chitosebashi」,「Abuto」,「Tsuneishi」or「Utsuminyōkyō」and get off at 「Tenjinyama」. From there it is 15 minutes to walk.(We can pick you up at the 「Tenjinyama」bus stop. Please call us.)
Sanyō Shinkansen (Bullet Train), Sanyō Main Line: 30 minutes by Tomotetsu Bus
25 minutes from Fukuyama Station by car.